PSMA G-NAF Live
PSMA G-NAF is updated quarterly. The data is released towards the end of February, May, August and November.
Yet every day, new addresses are created around Australia.
What happens if your business needs access to the most current addresses? Here, we define “most current addresses” as those that were created after the production cut-off for the most recent quarterly G-NAF.
Enter G-NAF Live. It provides access to the most recently created addresses from each jurisdiction. Depending on the jurisdiction, the underlying data is updated daily, weekly or quarterly.
|Example address||Does the address exist within the current (May 2017) quarterly G-NAF?|
(as released by PSMA on 18 May 2017)
|Does the address exist within G-NAF Live?|
|115 LINGS RD, RIANA TAS 7316||No||Yes
G-NAF Live ID: GLTAS600265280
Geocodes: -41.223030, 145.976323
(note: this test was performed on 31 May 2017)
|2 NORTON ST, EVATT ACT 2617||Yes (GNAF PID: GAACT715000223)|
However, there is no latitude/ longitude coordinate
G-NAF Live ID: GLACT801084593
Geocodes: -35.214453, 149.070729
To assess whether G-NAF Live is suited to your needs, it is useful to appreciate the following.
- G-NAF Live is delivered as a web service by PSMA
- Unlike quarterly G-NAF, there is no bulk data shipment option
- G-NAF Live addresses are only sourced from the land mapping agencies in each relevant State/ Territory
- By definition, addresses from the other custodians in each jurisdiction are not used within G-NAF Live. Those addresses are only used within the build of the quarterly G-NAF
Accessing G-NAF Live
Callpoint Spatial’s Geocoder portal makes it very easy to switch between the two reference sources:
- the current quarterly G-NAF
- G-NAF Live
For further details please contact us.