Callpoint Spatial licenses PSMA CadLite, as well as our value-added editions including Cadlite Extra and Augmented Cadlite.
PSMA CadLite is a comprehensive dataset of cadastral vector data that cover Australia’s land parcels. It is also known as a Digital Cadastral Database (DCDB). The dataset consistes of two themes:
- The primary Cadastre theme is designed for organisations that need a spatial representation of land parcel boundaries. It includes some 14 million polygons
- The Property themes are a companion to the Cadastre themes. It includes some 11 million polygons
Relationships between the Cadastre and Property themes
There are three ways in which cadastral and property parcels can inter-relate:
- Where one cadastral parcel is equivalent to one property
- Where one property contains many cadastral parcels
- Where one cadastral parcel contains many properties
These relationships can play an important role in applications such as real estate. The maps below depict the example where the outer boundary of two adjacent cadastral parcels align with that of one property.
Perth CBD (eastern region)
Grey outlines with white shaded regions depict PSMA CadLite Cadastre polygons
The green and blue shaded regions are sourced from the separate PSMA Transport & Topography Greenspace and Hydrology layers
Blue outlines above left: cadastral view (1433//DP754611, 1434//DP754611). Orange outlines above right: property layer view (property pid NSW1679030)
Callpoint’s Cadlite Extra and ‘G-NAF Augmented’ Cadlite
In addition to PSMA Cadlite, Callpoint Spatial offers our value-added Cadlite Extra and ‘G-NAF Augmented’ Cadlite editions.
PSMA’s CadLite cadastre polygons with its four attribution columns meets the needs of many applications. There are some applications though that require a richer set of attribution columns, for instance:
- The display of the Legal Parcel ID or street numbers within the cadastral parcel
- Linkages between Cadlite, G-NAF addresses and other datasets within back-end IT systems
- In-depth spatial analysis
In these cases, it can be very useful to reference additional attribution directly from a given Cadastral polygon. Inspired by the needs of a fibre optic telecoms carrier, Callpoint developed a set of spatial processes that operate on both Cadlite and G-NAF.
Callpoint Spatial offers two enhanced versions, ‘Extra’ and ‘Augmented’. ‘Extra’ includes useful columns such as the Parcel ID (which appears in G-NAF). ‘Augmented’ provides the full set of columns below, including those derived from the ‘within parcel’ G-NAF analysis.
- The processes that perform the augmentation are compute intensive. A key benefit of licensing Callpoint Spatial’s Augmented Cadlite is that you gain access to these attribution columns ‘out of the box’. By contrast, performing these processes ‘on the fly’ within an application could result in a sluggish user experience, or production delays
- We include two sets of street name/ street number columns to cater for when a corner building includes G-NAF address points from two intersecting streets. Callpoint Spatial has developed fair expertise with street intersections
For further details including licensing please contact us.
CadLite is ® of PSMA Australia