PSMA G-NAF (Geocoded National Address File) is Australia’s authoritative geocoded address dataset.
Callpoint Spatial package G-NAF in various forms and can also include attribution from PSMA and other datasets to meet your overall needs.
Examples of attribution options in Callpoint Spatial’s value-added editions are listed below. These columns are not available in open G-NAF as specific supplier licensing is required.
|Transport Hierarchy Code (THC)||This three digit code reflects the category of road associated with an address. For example, 301 is a National Highway and 305 is a Local Road.
The THC is sourced from the PSMA Transport & Topography dataset
|Has Residential||This tag is set to "Y" if the GNAF PID is determined to be residential.
The Has Residential data is sourced from PSMA Geoscape.
|DPID||This column provides the Australia Post PAF Delivery Point Identifier (DPID).
The data is sourced from an authoritative table that Callpoint accesses by virtue of us being both PSMA and AusPost resellers.
|Residential/ Non-Residential||This column pair reflects Australia Post's assessment as to whether an address is deemed Residential or Non-Residential.
The data is sourced from the Postal Address File (PAF) .
Why Callpoint Spatial
- Our lengthy and in-depth G-NAF experience, for instance
- We engaged with PSMA Australia during the first IPND address accuracy audit that we conducted for ACMA in 2003. We recommended that G-NAF be used as the address reference dictionary for future audits; this recommendation was adopted
- We pioneered the use of G-NAF in our Local Government Area (LGA) Broadband Analysis reports that started in 2004
- We won the Metropolitan Broadband Blackspot Program (MBBP 2005) geospatial consultancy tender and extensively used G-NAF for that project
- We transitioned our address validation/ geocoding engine to G-NAF during 2004, and this has since been extensively refined. The engine is embedded within Callpoint Spatial’s Geocoder and Callpoint AQ Pro®
- Through G-NAF, we have helped 40 Australian telcos with their spatial needs
- Our advisory capacity
- One stop – we license all seven other PSMA datasets
- Customisation options
- Inclusion of PSMA delivered technical support and warranties
File Format Options
We supply a broad range of options that include:
- Text file
- Microsoft SQL Server database backup
- MySQL Server database backup
- Shapefile/ Geodatabase
For further details including licensing please contact us.